Anti-Taliban militia shoots down Afghan militant
Islamabad: An anti-Taliban militia gunned
down an Afghan militant while repulsing an attack on its
members by a group from the bordering country in northwest
Pakistan on Tuesday, security officials said.
Members of the tribal `lashkar` or militia were attacked
by Afghan militants in an area of Bajaur tribal region
bordering Afghanistan, the officials said.
At least four Afghan militants crossed the border and
carried out the attack, they said.
The militants lobbed grenades and resorted to heavy firing
at members of the militia in Salarzai area of Bajaur Agency.
The militia retaliated and killed one militant while the
others escaped towards Afghanistan, the officials said.
The dead militant was identified as Noorullah Nooristani,
an Afghan national, the security officials said.
Pakistani military officials have said dozens of security
personnel have died in recent cross-border attacks in remote
parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price