Anti-Taliban militia shoots down Afghan militant
Islamabad: An anti-Taliban militia gunned
down an Afghan militant while repulsing an attack on its
members by a group from the bordering country in northwest
Pakistan on Tuesday, security officials said.
Members of the tribal `lashkar` or militia were attacked
by Afghan militants in an area of Bajaur tribal region
bordering Afghanistan, the officials said.
At least four Afghan militants crossed the border and
carried out the attack, they said.
The militants lobbed grenades and resorted to heavy firing
at members of the militia in Salarzai area of Bajaur Agency.
The militia retaliated and killed one militant while the
others escaped towards Afghanistan, the officials said.
The dead militant was identified as Noorullah Nooristani,
an Afghan national, the security officials said.
Pakistani military officials have said dozens of security
personnel have died in recent cross-border attacks in remote
parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre