Anti-Taliban militia shoots down Afghan militant
Islamabad: An anti-Taliban militia gunned
down an Afghan militant while repulsing an attack on its
members by a group from the bordering country in northwest
Pakistan on Tuesday, security officials said.
Members of the tribal `lashkar` or militia were attacked
by Afghan militants in an area of Bajaur tribal region
bordering Afghanistan, the officials said.
At least four Afghan militants crossed the border and
carried out the attack, they said.
The militants lobbed grenades and resorted to heavy firing
at members of the militia in Salarzai area of Bajaur Agency.
The militia retaliated and killed one militant while the
others escaped towards Afghanistan, the officials said.
The dead militant was identified as Noorullah Nooristani,
an Afghan national, the security officials said.
Pakistani military officials have said dozens of security
personnel have died in recent cross-border attacks in remote
parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?