April Fool`s Day bomb threat delays plane in Nepal
Kathmandu: Police in Nepal are investigating whether a bomb threat that delayed a Dubai-bound flight at Nepal`s international airport was an April Fool`s hoax.
Katmandu airport police chief Narayan Prasad Bastakoti says the Nepal Airlines flight was grounded for more than three hours Sunday night as police dogs searched the plane, passengers and their luggage after authorities were warned that there was a bomb on the plane.
After no bomb was found, the plane took off and landed safely in Dubai.
Bastakoti said Monday that the call notifying Nepalese police of the bomb threat came from Malaysia, and that police were investigating to find out whether it was an April Fool`s hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state