AQ Khan`s party merges with Imran Khan`s party
Peshawar: A provincial chapter of disgraced nuclear scientist AQ Khan`s Tehrik-e-Tahaffuz Pakistan (TTP) party on Friday announced its merger with Imran Khan`s party.
Khalid Masood, a leader of Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party, said A Q Khan was a "national hero". Khan`s party had always considered the Tehrik-e-Insaf a friendly party, he told a news conference here.
People were happy with the Tehrik-e-Insaf?s performance and were joining the party, Masood said.
TTP leader Arbab Shah Nawaz said the manifestos of both parties were the same.
A Q Khan, dubbed "the father of Pakistan`s bomb", had launched his party in 2012 and dissolved it a year later, saying he was unable to run its affairs anymore.
He was put under house arrest in 2004 after he admitted to running a secret proliferation ring that provided know-how and nuclear components to countries like North Korea and Libya.
However, he later denied any involvement in the matter and claimed he had acted under orders.
The previous Pakistan People`s Party-led government had eased some of the restrictions on?the scientist after he filed cases in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani