Armed men open fire outside shop owned by Pak President`s kin
Karachi: Armed gunmen on Wednesday opened fire outside a shop here owned by President Mamnoon Hussain’s nephew after he refused to pay extortion money, according to a media report.
No one was injured in the incident that occurred in Light House area of Karachi.
The armed men had sent a note demanding money to the shop. Having paid Rs 500,000 in extortion during the Islamic holy month of Ramzan, Hussain’s nephew refused to pay money this time, Express News channel reported.
Police said the extortionists who sent the note had been identified.
The President is a businessman from Karachi and a close aide of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?