Army deployment for Karachi by-elections
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has decided to deploy army at all polling stations in the port city of Karachi during the Aug 22 by-elections, Geo News reported Sunday.
The ECP, while calling for deployment of troops inside and outside the polling stations, has sent a letter to the Sindh province`s chief secretary and home secretary for the army deployment, reports said. The commission has declared 819 polling stations "sensitive" and 365 as "most sensitive".
Meanwhile, the Punjab province`s government has announced a holiday on the polling day in 12 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics