Army deployment for Karachi by-elections
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has decided to deploy army at all polling stations in the port city of Karachi during the Aug 22 by-elections, Geo News reported Sunday.
The ECP, while calling for deployment of troops inside and outside the polling stations, has sent a letter to the Sindh province`s chief secretary and home secretary for the army deployment, reports said. The commission has declared 819 polling stations "sensitive" and 365 as "most sensitive".
Meanwhile, the Punjab province`s government has announced a holiday on the polling day in 12 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad