Army deployment for Karachi by-elections
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has decided to deploy army at all polling stations in the port city of Karachi during the Aug 22 by-elections, Geo News reported Sunday.
The ECP, while calling for deployment of troops inside and outside the polling stations, has sent a letter to the Sindh province`s chief secretary and home secretary for the army deployment, reports said. The commission has declared 819 polling stations "sensitive" and 365 as "most sensitive".
Meanwhile, the Punjab province`s government has announced a holiday on the polling day in 12 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat