Army integration will be expedited as per agreement: Prachanda
Kathmandu: Nepal Maoist chief Prachanda
on Saturday said the process of integrating the party`s armed wing -
Peoples Liberation Army - into the army will be expedited as
per the agreement with the CPN-UML.
"The army integration will be piloted further as per
the agreement reached with the CPN-UML," Prachanda told
reporters at the eastern Nepalese town of Bhadrapur today.
Prachanda and Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal, who is
also the CPN-UML chief, had last month reached a seven-point
deal under which they agreed to set up a separate unit under
Nepal Army to integrate the Maoist combatants, which was
strongly opposed by other major political parties including
the Nepali Congress (NC).
Besides, Prachanda also warned the NC that it would be
at loss if fails to assist the government in the "peace
process." He expressed confidence that the NC will help the
government to accomplish the ongoing processes of peace and
Prachanda also said the names of the remaining Maoist
leaders, who will represent the party in the current
government, will be finalised soon.
Although the Maoists have been allocated eleven
ministerial berth in the coalition government so far only four
ministers have been appointed from the Maoists` side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened