Army subordinate to executive: Pak Bar Association
Islamabad: Pakistan Supreme Court Bar Association president Yasin Azad said the army was subordinate to the executive.
Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Pervez Kayani and director general of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt.Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha did not follow the correct procedure in submitting their replies to the Supreme Court in the memo case, Azad said.
He added that absolute democracy did not exist in the country or in the political parties.
Azad was speaking to the media on the memo controversy Wednesday, Geo TV reported.
Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz claims to have delivered a memo to the then chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mike Mullen in May last year at the behest of then US envoy Husain Haqqani and the Pakistani government to avert a likely military coup. The claim kicked off a scandal that generated much heat in Pakistan.
A three-member judicial commission constituted by the apex court is currently probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics