Around 42 oil tankers, containers torched in Pak
Islamabad: At least 42 oil tankers and containers were torched by a group of armed men on Thursday in Quetta.
The vehicles were carrying fuel and military hardware for NATO forces stationed in Afghanistan. The incident was happened in Kharotabad area on Airport Road, suburbs of Quetta.
The Daily Times quoted CCPO Ehsan Mehbob, as saying that at least 32 oil tankers and 10 containers were destroyed in the attack.
According to the owner of terminal, where the trucks and containers were parked, a group of armed men appeared on motorbikes and fired two rockets hitting oil tankers.
Police and security forces cordoned off the area and over a dozen firefighters were engaged in extinguishing fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Shiv Sena backs Subramanian Swamy, takes a dig at BJP leadership
- Courtney Browne replaces Clive Lloyd as West Indies' chairman of selectors
- Jos Buttler backs England to stay aggressive against Sri Lanka in ongoing ODI series
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' rakes in moolah, nears Rs 50 crore mark at Box Office
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside