Arrests in Afghanistan over girl beheading
London; Afghan police have reportedly arrested two men accused of beheading a teenage girl with a knife.
Prior to the attack, which took place in northern Kunduz province, the girl``s father had rejected a marriage proposal for his daughter.
The girl, who was about 14 years old, was carrying drinking water from a nearby well to her house in Imam Sahib district when she was attacked on Monday.
The BBC quote a police official, as saying that ‘those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her’.
“People were harassing the family and asking for her hand. When she refused, they did this to her,” the official said.
According to the report, senior Afghan officials and local tribal elders said the two suspects were close relatives of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured