Arrests in Afghanistan over girl beheading
London; Afghan police have reportedly arrested two men accused of beheading a teenage girl with a knife.
Prior to the attack, which took place in northern Kunduz province, the girl``s father had rejected a marriage proposal for his daughter.
The girl, who was about 14 years old, was carrying drinking water from a nearby well to her house in Imam Sahib district when she was attacked on Monday.
The BBC quote a police official, as saying that ‘those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her’.
“People were harassing the family and asking for her hand. When she refused, they did this to her,” the official said.
According to the report, senior Afghan officials and local tribal elders said the two suspects were close relatives of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi