Arrests in Afghanistan over girl beheading
London; Afghan police have reportedly arrested two men accused of beheading a teenage girl with a knife.
Prior to the attack, which took place in northern Kunduz province, the girl``s father had rejected a marriage proposal for his daughter.
The girl, who was about 14 years old, was carrying drinking water from a nearby well to her house in Imam Sahib district when she was attacked on Monday.
The BBC quote a police official, as saying that ‘those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her’.
“People were harassing the family and asking for her hand. When she refused, they did this to her,” the official said.
According to the report, senior Afghan officials and local tribal elders said the two suspects were close relatives of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach