Arrests in Afghanistan over girl beheading
London; Afghan police have reportedly arrested two men accused of beheading a teenage girl with a knife.
Prior to the attack, which took place in northern Kunduz province, the girl``s father had rejected a marriage proposal for his daughter.
The girl, who was about 14 years old, was carrying drinking water from a nearby well to her house in Imam Sahib district when she was attacked on Monday.
The BBC quote a police official, as saying that ‘those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her’.
“People were harassing the family and asking for her hand. When she refused, they did this to her,” the official said.
According to the report, senior Afghan officials and local tribal elders said the two suspects were close relatives of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!