Asif Ali Zardari exiting Pakistan`s Presidency as `satisfied man`
Islamabad: Outgoing President Asif Ali Zardari has said he is leaving the presidency as a satisfied man.
Zardari made the comment after overseeing the first-ever democratic transition of power in Pakistan and relinquishing presidential powers to Parliament.
According to the Express Tribune, while speaking at a farewell dinner he hosted for journalists at the Presidency, he said that the democratic transition to power means strengthening of democracy and he is confident that Pakistan will be the ultimate winner.
Zardari said he has no regrets and is exiting the Presidency with honour and dignity.
Zardari will step down on September 08 after completing his five-year constitutional term. PML-N leader Mamnoon Hussain, who won the July 30 Presidential Election, will step into Zardari`s shoes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living