Asif Ali Zardari to head PPP again
Islamabad: Outgoing Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari is all set to head the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) again, a media report said.
Zardari had to quit the PPP chairmanship on court orders five months back.
PPP secretary general Sardar Latig Khosa Friday said Zardari would be made the chairman of the party through a resolution endorsed by the party`s central executive committee, Dawn reported Saturday.
Khosa said Zardari`s election as chairman was a mere formality as the party workers still considered him as the PPP head, the report said.
“Punjab PPP needs Zardari more as we have to regain our position in the Punjab and make it a stronghold of the party again,” Khosa was quoted as saying.
Khosa also said that Zardari`s children, Aseefa and Bilawal Bhutto, would play an active role for the party in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing