Asif Ali Zardari to head PPP again
Islamabad: Outgoing Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari is all set to head the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) again, a media report said.
Zardari had to quit the PPP chairmanship on court orders five months back.
PPP secretary general Sardar Latig Khosa Friday said Zardari would be made the chairman of the party through a resolution endorsed by the party`s central executive committee, Dawn reported Saturday.
Khosa said Zardari`s election as chairman was a mere formality as the party workers still considered him as the PPP head, the report said.
“Punjab PPP needs Zardari more as we have to regain our position in the Punjab and make it a stronghold of the party again,” Khosa was quoted as saying.
Khosa also said that Zardari`s children, Aseefa and Bilawal Bhutto, would play an active role for the party in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement