Asif Ali Zardari to head PPP again
Islamabad: Outgoing Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari is all set to head the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) again, a media report said.
Zardari had to quit the PPP chairmanship on court orders five months back.
PPP secretary general Sardar Latig Khosa Friday said Zardari would be made the chairman of the party through a resolution endorsed by the party`s central executive committee, Dawn reported Saturday.
Khosa said Zardari`s election as chairman was a mere formality as the party workers still considered him as the PPP head, the report said.
“Punjab PPP needs Zardari more as we have to regain our position in the Punjab and make it a stronghold of the party again,” Khosa was quoted as saying.
Khosa also said that Zardari`s children, Aseefa and Bilawal Bhutto, would play an active role for the party in the next general elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India