Assailants stab minister in Nepal, police arrest eight
Kathmandu: Gokarna Bista, Nepal`s new
Minister for Energy, has been stabbed by unidentified
assailants just hours after he was appointed.
Bista was attacked with "khukuri",a traditional Gurkha
knife, by unidentified armed persons near his residence in
Kathmandu last night when he came out of home with supports.
Bista, a Communist Party of Nepal (CPN-UML) leader, is
undergoing treatment in Manmohan Hospital in the capital.
Nepalese Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal on Tuesday
visited the hospital and inquired into the health condition of
Bista, who sustained injuries to his neck and head.
Meanwhile, Chief of Kathmandu police, Superintendent
Pushkar Karki said that they have arrested eight persons in
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case