At least 16 die in blast at Pakistani mine
Islamabad: At least 16 people were killed in a massive explosion at a marble mine in Pakistan`s northwest province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, media reports said Tuesday.
The deafening blast took place late Monday night at the marble mine in the Bhuhama area of Buner, a mountainous district lying some 110 km northwest of the country`s capital Islamabad, reported Xinhua citing media reports.
The exact reason for the explosion was being probed.
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed condolence over the deaths in the mine explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!