At least 16 die in blast at Pakistani mine
Islamabad: At least 16 people were killed in a massive explosion at a marble mine in Pakistan`s northwest province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, media reports said Tuesday.
The deafening blast took place late Monday night at the marble mine in the Bhuhama area of Buner, a mountainous district lying some 110 km northwest of the country`s capital Islamabad, reported Xinhua citing media reports.
The exact reason for the explosion was being probed.
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed condolence over the deaths in the mine explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!