At least 18 killed as gunmen attack van in Pak
Karachi/Islamabad: At least 18 people, including women and children, were killed and five others injured when gunmen opened indiscriminate fire at a passenger van at a petrol station that triggered a huge fire in southwest Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province.
The incident occurred on the outskirts of Khuzdar town when four gunmen carrying automatic weapons fired at the van, around 250 kilometres southwest of Balochistan`s capital city of Quetta, police said.
The shooting ignited petrol and diesel drums and triggered a massive fire.
Eight women and three children were among the dead. A woman with serious injuries was taken to the port city of Karachi for treatment.
Seven of the bodies were beyond recognition, they said.
The petrol pump was engulfed by the fire and several employees were killed.
Five shops, a rickshaw and a motorcycle were gutted while some shops were damaged.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Balochistan has been rocked by widespread sectarian and ethnic violence over the past few years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know