At least 23 militants killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 23 militants were killed in an overnight operation launched by Pakistan Army in the country`s northwest tribal area of Kurram Agency, a media report said on Saturday.
The clashes between militants and security forces also killed two soldiers and wounded five, reported Xinhua citing a media report.
The operation started last night in the Para Chamkani area of Kurram Agency, a restive tribal region which borders east Afghanistan.
During the operation, security forces also reportedly destroyed four militant hideouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened