BAF fighter crashes in Chittagong
Dhaka: A fighter plane of Bangladesh Air
Force on Thursday crashed into the river Karnaphuli near the
southern port city of Chittagong.
Flight Lieutenant Sanjid, the pilot of the fighter
escaped by parachuting from the plane.
The F-7 fighter crashed around 2:10 pm, 10 minutes
after the plane took off from Sergeant Zahurul Haq Airbase at
The fighter crashed with a big bang and plunged into
the river, Karnaphuli Police Station Officer-in-Charge Aminur
Rashid told reporters citing witnesses.
Local fishermen rescued the pilot from the river and
took him safely to Juldha Matabbar Ghat and later, an air
force helicopter rushed him to Chittagong Combined Military
Hospital (CMH), the OC added from the spot.
Rescue teams from the BAF and Bangladesh Navy were
scouring the river to salvage the wreckage of the fighter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report