BAF fighter crashes in Chittagong
Dhaka: A fighter plane of Bangladesh Air
Force on Thursday crashed into the river Karnaphuli near the
southern port city of Chittagong.
Flight Lieutenant Sanjid, the pilot of the fighter
escaped by parachuting from the plane.
The F-7 fighter crashed around 2:10 pm, 10 minutes
after the plane took off from Sergeant Zahurul Haq Airbase at
The fighter crashed with a big bang and plunged into
the river, Karnaphuli Police Station Officer-in-Charge Aminur
Rashid told reporters citing witnesses.
Local fishermen rescued the pilot from the river and
took him safely to Juldha Matabbar Ghat and later, an air
force helicopter rushed him to Chittagong Combined Military
Hospital (CMH), the OC added from the spot.
Rescue teams from the BAF and Bangladesh Navy were
scouring the river to salvage the wreckage of the fighter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH