BAF fighter crashes in Chittagong
Dhaka: A fighter plane of Bangladesh Air
Force on Thursday crashed into the river Karnaphuli near the
southern port city of Chittagong.
Flight Lieutenant Sanjid, the pilot of the fighter
escaped by parachuting from the plane.
The F-7 fighter crashed around 2:10 pm, 10 minutes
after the plane took off from Sergeant Zahurul Haq Airbase at
The fighter crashed with a big bang and plunged into
the river, Karnaphuli Police Station Officer-in-Charge Aminur
Rashid told reporters citing witnesses.
Local fishermen rescued the pilot from the river and
took him safely to Juldha Matabbar Ghat and later, an air
force helicopter rushed him to Chittagong Combined Military
Hospital (CMH), the OC added from the spot.
Rescue teams from the BAF and Bangladesh Navy were
scouring the river to salvage the wreckage of the fighter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands