Ball in Pak’s court on resumption of talks: US
Washington: As the US pulled out its negotiating team out of Pakistan, the Obama Administration said it is now up to Islamabad to resume negotiations on reopening of the supply routes to Afghanistan.
"Most of the technical arrangements have been worked out, but there are still several issues outstanding. We believe that all can be resolved, and we remain ready to conclude this agreement as soon as Pakistan is ready," the White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, told reporters at his daily news conference.
"We are prepared to conclude this agreement when the Pakistani government is ready to do so," he said.
"We saw it as the right move to withdraw...Those technical consultations have been completed largely, and so it was determined that they could return home," he added.
"We are ready to send officials back to Islamabad when the Pakistani government is ready to conclude the agreement. And it certainly remains our goal to complete an agreement as soon as possible, and I would note that the Pakistani government has said the same thing," he said in response to a question.
The Pakistani government has said that they want this agreement concluded, and the US looks forward to that taking place, he said.
"I think there are still some remaining issues that need to be resolved, but they do not require the kind of technical people that were involved in the GLOC consultations for the past 45 days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!