Baloch group asks institutions not to recite national anthem
Islamabad: A Baloch nationalist group has
threatened educational institutions in the restive Balochistan
province in southwest Pakistan not to recite national anthem
and hoist the national flag.
The Balochistan Liberation Front, in a pamphlet issued
in Kharan area, asked teachers and staff of educational
institutions not to recite the national anthem and not to
hoist the Pakistani flag within school premises.
The BLF, which is one of several groups waging a
violent campaign for greater autonomy, further warned the
teachers and staff of dire consequences if they violated its
Due to the threat, several educational institutions
did not recite the national anthem and or hoist the Pakistani
flag yesterday, media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation