Baloch group asks institutions not to recite national anthem
Islamabad: A Baloch nationalist group has
threatened educational institutions in the restive Balochistan
province in southwest Pakistan not to recite national anthem
and hoist the national flag.
The Balochistan Liberation Front, in a pamphlet issued
in Kharan area, asked teachers and staff of educational
institutions not to recite the national anthem and not to
hoist the Pakistani flag within school premises.
The BLF, which is one of several groups waging a
violent campaign for greater autonomy, further warned the
teachers and staff of dire consequences if they violated its
Due to the threat, several educational institutions
did not recite the national anthem and or hoist the Pakistani
flag yesterday, media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?