Baloch group asks institutions not to recite national anthem
Islamabad: A Baloch nationalist group has
threatened educational institutions in the restive Balochistan
province in southwest Pakistan not to recite national anthem
and hoist the national flag.
The Balochistan Liberation Front, in a pamphlet issued
in Kharan area, asked teachers and staff of educational
institutions not to recite the national anthem and not to
hoist the Pakistani flag within school premises.
The BLF, which is one of several groups waging a
violent campaign for greater autonomy, further warned the
teachers and staff of dire consequences if they violated its
Due to the threat, several educational institutions
did not recite the national anthem and or hoist the Pakistani
flag yesterday, media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY