Baloch group asks institutions not to recite national anthem
Islamabad: A Baloch nationalist group has
threatened educational institutions in the restive Balochistan
province in southwest Pakistan not to recite national anthem
and hoist the national flag.
The Balochistan Liberation Front, in a pamphlet issued
in Kharan area, asked teachers and staff of educational
institutions not to recite the national anthem and not to
hoist the Pakistani flag within school premises.
The BLF, which is one of several groups waging a
violent campaign for greater autonomy, further warned the
teachers and staff of dire consequences if they violated its
Due to the threat, several educational institutions
did not recite the national anthem and or hoist the Pakistani
flag yesterday, media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city