Baloch group asks institutions not to recite national anthem
Islamabad: A Baloch nationalist group has
threatened educational institutions in the restive Balochistan
province in southwest Pakistan not to recite national anthem
and hoist the national flag.
The Balochistan Liberation Front, in a pamphlet issued
in Kharan area, asked teachers and staff of educational
institutions not to recite the national anthem and not to
hoist the Pakistani flag within school premises.
The BLF, which is one of several groups waging a
violent campaign for greater autonomy, further warned the
teachers and staff of dire consequences if they violated its
Due to the threat, several educational institutions
did not recite the national anthem and or hoist the Pakistani
flag yesterday, media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31