Baloch leader gunned down by unidentified men
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men shot dead a Baloch political leader and injured five other persons in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province on Tuesday, police said.
Mir Abdul Khaliq Mehrwani, the former secretary of the Baloch National Party-Awami, was going home with his colleagues in a vehicle when he was attacked by gunmen riding a motorcycle on the National Highway near Surab area last evening.
Mehrwani died instantly while five of his colleagues were injured. The Levies militia launched a search for the attackers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi