Balochistan CM says no proof of Indian hand in unrest: Pakistan
Islamabad: The chief minister of Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province on Sunday said he had no evidence of alleged Indian involvement in the volatile region.
Abdul Malik Baloch said the law and order situation in the province has improved and therefore 50 per cent of checkposts set up by the Frontier Corps have been removed.
Asked about India`s alleged involvement in insurgency-hit Balochistan, he said he had no evidence of an Indian hand in the province`s deteriorating law and order situation.
However, he said the federal government and its agencies said they had such evidence, The Nation daily reported.
Pakistan Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani had recently claimed that his government has evidence of India`s involvement in Balochistan.
India has denied such charges and has asked for evidence to be provided.
Many in Pakistan often accuse India of meddling in Balochistan, where different groups are fighting for independence.
Responding to a query regarding talks with the Baloch resistance groups, the chief minister said that so far he had made no contact with them.
However, he wants to bring the rebel Baloch groups to the negotiating table.
"We want to solve the issues through dialogue because the 21st century is the century of democracy; all issues can be resolved democratically and force is not a solution," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview