Balochistan lawmaker’s wife, daughter assassinated
Karachi: At least seven persons, including
wife and daughter of a Balochistan Assembly lawmaker, were
shot dead in a fresh outbreak of violence here.
The wife, daughter and driver of the sitting MPA from
Sibi in the Baluchistan province, Mir Bakht Yar Domki, were
gunned down late last night near the Gizri bridge in the
upmarket area of Clifton while they were going home.
Domki is the grandson and his wife was the grand daughter
of the late Baluch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti,
who was killed by security forces in 2005 while he was
underground due to a clean up operation by the government in
the province to combat terrorism.
"Now even our women are not safe. We don`t expect any
justice from the government but we will get justice from God,"
a grieving Domki told reporters.
City police chief, Ayaz Ghorchani, said the killings
appeared to be the result of a family enmity which are common
Few hours earlier violence erupted in the Shia Muslim
dominated areas of the city in which three persons were gunned
down in the north Karachi area.
Police said the three were killed when unidentified
masked men opened fire on the car they were riding in.
SP Chaudhry Asad though said that the men belonged to the
Muttahida Qaumi Movement. However, he refused to confirm
whether this was an ethnic attack. "Investigations are still
underway," he said.
Earlier in the day a Shia, Taseer Abbas Zaidi, was gunned
down in the Gulberg area leading to protesters blocking roads
and attacking the law enforcement agencies and media personal
to vent their anger.
Last week a fresh round of target killings had given rise
to fear that these were the result of ethnic and sectarian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Missing Japanese journalist's photo posted online
- Haryana Govt. to file application over Jat reservation issue today
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule