Balochistan prisons put on high alert following terror threats
Islamabad: All the major and sensitive prisons in Balochistan have been put on high alert in the wake of threats by banned religious outfits.
Balochistan Acting Inspector-General (IG) of Prisons Shujah Kasi confirmed this while talking to The Express Tribune here on Monday.
Kasi said they have received instructions from the federal government and later from the provincial home department to put all the sensitive prisons on high alert.
He added that all important and dangerous criminals, belonging to banned religious outfits are detained.
According to the report, he said prisons located in Quetta, Machh, Gaddani, Khuzdar and Naushki were the most sensitive.
He added that the warning from the federal government comes following a major jailbreak in Bannu from where high-profile terrorists fled after hundreds of militants stormed the jail from several directions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell