`Balochistan situation not as bad as projected`
Islamabad: The Chief Minister of Balochistan has claimed that the situation in the province is not as bad as is portrayed by the media.
"It appears some lobby is trying to pave the way for some unconstitutional step in Balochistan," The Express Tribune quoted CM Nawab Aslam Raisani, as saying in a meeting.
He blamed the same lobby for spreading negativity about Balochistan through print and electronic media.
Referring to the unabated violence in the province, he said that an international conspiracy is at play in Balochistan.
The meeting also discussed the issue of human trafficking through Balochistan, following which the CM directed the security forces to take strict action against those involved in human smuggling into Iran.
The provincial government has written to the Centre to hold the next meeting in Quetta of the task force, which has been constituted to check human trafficking and drug smuggling, Raisani said, adding that the issue will be taken up in a meeting of the Pakistan-Iran border commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?