Balochistan`s CM sacks minister over drunken brawl
Quetta: A provincial minister from Pakistan`s southwestern province of Balochistan was sacked on Sunday for a drunken brawl in a theatre, a spokesman for Balochistan`s chief minister said.
"The chief minister has dismissed the minorities minister Jaffer George. He was found guilty of brawling while drunk in a theatre hall in Lahore," said Muneer Jan, who also confirmed that George had been bailed after his arrest.
Lahore, the capital of central Punjab province, is famous for its rich cultural life, which includes films, music and drama.
Private TV channels in Pakistan today broadcast footage of George, a member of the ruling Pakistan People`s Party, quarrelling with police officers at a Lahore police station after his arrest overnight.
A complaint against George was lodged at a Lahore police station and he was later released on bail, media reports said.
Jan said George was removed from his ministerial post in Balochistan`s provincial government after Chief Minister Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani received a report from the Punjab government on the incident.
Oil- and gas-rich Balochistan borders Iran and Afghanistan, where hundreds of people have died since late 2004 when rebels rose up demanding political autonomy and a greater share of the province`s natural resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi