Balochistan`s missing prosecutor recovered
Islamabad: The top prosecutor of the restive Balochistan province of southwestern Pakistan, who was abducted last month, has been recovered through the efforts of tribal elders, his brother said on Sunday.
Prosecutor General Wasay Tareen was kidnapped by unidentified men in Zhob district while travelling to Islamabad on February 28.
His brother, Sajid Tareen, told the media that he had been found in Daraband area.
The influence of tribal elders played key role in the official`s recovery, Sajid Tareen said.
No group had claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Kidnapping for ransom is a common phenomenon in lawless Balochistan.
Many traders from the minority Hindu community have been kidnapped by criminal gangs in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener