Balochistan`s missing prosecutor recovered
Islamabad: The top prosecutor of the restive Balochistan province of southwestern Pakistan, who was abducted last month, has been recovered through the efforts of tribal elders, his brother said on Sunday.
Prosecutor General Wasay Tareen was kidnapped by unidentified men in Zhob district while travelling to Islamabad on February 28.
His brother, Sajid Tareen, told the media that he had been found in Daraband area.
The influence of tribal elders played key role in the official`s recovery, Sajid Tareen said.
No group had claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Kidnapping for ransom is a common phenomenon in lawless Balochistan.
Many traders from the minority Hindu community have been kidnapped by criminal gangs in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?