Balochistan`s missing prosecutor recovered
Islamabad: The top prosecutor of the restive Balochistan province of southwestern Pakistan, who was abducted last month, has been recovered through the efforts of tribal elders, his brother said on Sunday.
Prosecutor General Wasay Tareen was kidnapped by unidentified men in Zhob district while travelling to Islamabad on February 28.
His brother, Sajid Tareen, told the media that he had been found in Daraband area.
The influence of tribal elders played key role in the official`s recovery, Sajid Tareen said.
No group had claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Kidnapping for ransom is a common phenomenon in lawless Balochistan.
Many traders from the minority Hindu community have been kidnapped by criminal gangs in recent years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump