Balochistan`s missing prosecutor recovered
Islamabad: The top prosecutor of the restive Balochistan province of southwestern Pakistan, who was abducted last month, has been recovered through the efforts of tribal elders, his brother said on Sunday.
Prosecutor General Wasay Tareen was kidnapped by unidentified men in Zhob district while travelling to Islamabad on February 28.
His brother, Sajid Tareen, told the media that he had been found in Daraband area.
The influence of tribal elders played key role in the official`s recovery, Sajid Tareen said.
No group had claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Kidnapping for ransom is a common phenomenon in lawless Balochistan.
Many traders from the minority Hindu community have been kidnapped by criminal gangs in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says