Bangla plane catches fire at Nepal airport, passengers safe
Kathmandu: All passengers on board a Bangladeshi aircraft escaped unhurt today when the plane caught fire while landing at the airport in the Nepalese capital.
The aircraft of Biman Bangladesh Airlines caught fire during landing at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). The fire was immediately controlled while all the passengers on board were rescued safely.
The aircraft`s rear right tyre had caught fire while landing at TIA, Ekantipur news portal reported.
The number of passengers on board was not known.
"Smoke was seen because of high pressure while landing," said Birendra Sansar Shrestha, spokesperson at the TIA.
Following the fire, the return flight of the airlines has been canceled.
The flight will resume after a team of technicians from Bangladesh arrive tomorrow and study the condition of the aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert