Bangla PM Hasina mourns storm casualties in India
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh
Hasina on Wednesday mourned the deaths of over 100 people in eastern
India in a violent tropical storm that partly devastated parts
of this country`s northwestern region.
A storm packing speeds of over 125 km per hour swept
across West Bengal, Bihar and Assam early today killing at
least 110 people and leaving a trail of destruction.
In a message sent to her Indian counterpart Manmohan
Singh, the Premier expressed her deep shock at the loss of
lives and property and prayed for the eternal peace of the
Praying for the early recovery of the injured people,
Sheikh Hasina also hoped India would soon overcome the losses
caused by the storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming