Bangla PM Hasina mourns storm casualties in India
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh
Hasina on Wednesday mourned the deaths of over 100 people in eastern
India in a violent tropical storm that partly devastated parts
of this country`s northwestern region.
A storm packing speeds of over 125 km per hour swept
across West Bengal, Bihar and Assam early today killing at
least 110 people and leaving a trail of destruction.
In a message sent to her Indian counterpart Manmohan
Singh, the Premier expressed her deep shock at the loss of
lives and property and prayed for the eternal peace of the
Praying for the early recovery of the injured people,
Sheikh Hasina also hoped India would soon overcome the losses
caused by the storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city