Bangladesh: 12 killed in bus accident
Dhaka: At least 12 people were killed and 30 others injured when a bus fell into a roadside ditch in central Bangladesh early Monday, police said.
The accident occurred when a passenger bus from Dhaka plunged off a bridge after smashing its railing in Tangail district.
"Ten of the passengers died on the spot and two at the Mymensingh Medical Collage Hospital (MMCH) where they were being treated for fatal wounds," officer-in-charge of the local police station told a news agency over phone.
He said the accident took place at around 1am as the bus bound for northern Motherganj sub district from the capital city Dhaka after the driver apparently lost control over the wheels.
Villagers at the neighbourhood immediately rushed to the scene hearing a loud bang and screams of the injured while police and fire service joined them subsequently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley