Bangladesh: 12 killed in bus accident
Dhaka: At least 12 people were killed and 30 others injured when a bus fell into a roadside ditch in central Bangladesh early Monday, police said.
The accident occurred when a passenger bus from Dhaka plunged off a bridge after smashing its railing in Tangail district.
"Ten of the passengers died on the spot and two at the Mymensingh Medical Collage Hospital (MMCH) where they were being treated for fatal wounds," officer-in-charge of the local police station told a news agency over phone.
He said the accident took place at around 1am as the bus bound for northern Motherganj sub district from the capital city Dhaka after the driver apparently lost control over the wheels.
Villagers at the neighbourhood immediately rushed to the scene hearing a loud bang and screams of the injured while police and fire service joined them subsequently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui