Bangladesh: 12 killed in bus accident
Dhaka: At least 12 people were killed and 30 others injured when a bus fell into a roadside ditch in central Bangladesh early Monday, police said.
The accident occurred when a passenger bus from Dhaka plunged off a bridge after smashing its railing in Tangail district.
"Ten of the passengers died on the spot and two at the Mymensingh Medical Collage Hospital (MMCH) where they were being treated for fatal wounds," officer-in-charge of the local police station told a news agency over phone.
He said the accident took place at around 1am as the bus bound for northern Motherganj sub district from the capital city Dhaka after the driver apparently lost control over the wheels.
Villagers at the neighbourhood immediately rushed to the scene hearing a loud bang and screams of the injured while police and fire service joined them subsequently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?