Bangladesh: 12 killed in bus accident
Dhaka: At least 12 people were killed and 30 others injured when a bus fell into a roadside ditch in central Bangladesh early Monday, police said.
The accident occurred when a passenger bus from Dhaka plunged off a bridge after smashing its railing in Tangail district.
"Ten of the passengers died on the spot and two at the Mymensingh Medical Collage Hospital (MMCH) where they were being treated for fatal wounds," officer-in-charge of the local police station told a news agency over phone.
He said the accident took place at around 1am as the bus bound for northern Motherganj sub district from the capital city Dhaka after the driver apparently lost control over the wheels.
Villagers at the neighbourhood immediately rushed to the scene hearing a loud bang and screams of the injured while police and fire service joined them subsequently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here
- Taliban leader Mullah Mansour was living under ISI protection
- Modi ministers on UP visit from today for 'NDA outreach' program
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary