Bangladesh announces USD 2 million for Pakistan flood victims
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Wednesday announced USD 2
million humanitarian aid for flood relief work in Pakistan
which has affected an estimated 20 million people.
"Bangladesh announces this commitment as an expression
of solidarity with the people of Pakistan," the foreign office
Bangladesh would also send a medical team to
Pakistan while relief assistance would include tents,
blankets, water purification tablets, mineral waters, life
saving drugs and vaccines, oral saline, hygiene kit, biscuits
and packed dry food, it said in a statement.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had earlier in a
statement expressed her deep sympathy to the Pakistani
government and people on this human tragedy.
United Nations` aid coordination body said that more
than 650,000 homeless families were still without basic
shelter while the floods and torrential rains in some parts of
Pakistan have claimed more than 1,600 people.
Bangladesh, formerly the eastern wing of Pakistan,
emerged as an independent nation after nine months of
Liberation War crucially backed by India in 1971.
Dhaka-Islamabad relations still remained sensitive as
issues like sharing of assets and repatriation of thousands of
Urdu-speaking stranded Pakistanis are yet to be settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir