Bangladesh appoints Farid Habib as new Navy chief
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Sunday appointed Rear Admiral Farid Habib as the country`s new Chief of the Naval Staff.
"He has been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral with effect from January 28," an Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
Habib is currently serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations).
Habib, who was commissioned in Navy in 1979, will replace Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed who is retiring next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed