Bangladesh appoints Farid Habib as new Navy chief
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Sunday appointed Rear Admiral Farid Habib as the country`s new Chief of the Naval Staff.
"He has been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral with effect from January 28," an Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
Habib is currently serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations).
Habib, who was commissioned in Navy in 1979, will replace Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed who is retiring next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?