Bangladesh appoints Farid Habib as new Navy chief
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Sunday appointed Rear Admiral Farid Habib as the country`s new Chief of the Naval Staff.
"He has been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral with effect from January 28," an Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
Habib is currently serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations).
Habib, who was commissioned in Navy in 1979, will replace Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed who is retiring next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon