Bangladesh appoints Farid Habib as new Navy chief
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Sunday appointed Rear Admiral Farid Habib as the country`s new Chief of the Naval Staff.
"He has been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral with effect from January 28," an Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
Habib is currently serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations).
Habib, who was commissioned in Navy in 1979, will replace Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed who is retiring next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai