Bangladesh appoints Farid Habib as new Navy chief
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Sunday appointed Rear Admiral Farid Habib as the country`s new Chief of the Naval Staff.
"He has been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral with effect from January 28," an Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
Habib is currently serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations).
Habib, who was commissioned in Navy in 1979, will replace Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed who is retiring next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?