Bangladesh arrests man over Saudi diplomat SMS
Dhaka: Detectives in Bangladesh`s capital have arrested a former Saudi Embassy employee for allegedly threatening the mission`s charge d`affaires.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police official Khandaker Lutful Kabir said today that police arrested 57-year-old A N M Rashid Ahmed for allegedly sending a threatening SMS to diplomat Sami-Jamiul-Al-Hasan.
Hasan is on leave and received the message in Saudi Arabia.
The police official says Ahmed, a Bangladeshi citizen, was arrested late yesterday after the embassy complained that he sent a message reading: "You will face death if (you) return to Dhaka."
The complaint says the embassy fired Ahmed after accusing him of corruption.
The alleged threat comes three months after a Saudi Embassy official was killed by unidentified assailants in Dhaka.
Police say they are investigating that case but there has been no apparent headway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more