Bangladesh arrests man over Saudi diplomat SMS
Dhaka: Detectives in Bangladesh`s capital have arrested a former Saudi Embassy employee for allegedly threatening the mission`s charge d`affaires.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police official Khandaker Lutful Kabir said today that police arrested 57-year-old A N M Rashid Ahmed for allegedly sending a threatening SMS to diplomat Sami-Jamiul-Al-Hasan.
Hasan is on leave and received the message in Saudi Arabia.
The police official says Ahmed, a Bangladeshi citizen, was arrested late yesterday after the embassy complained that he sent a message reading: "You will face death if (you) return to Dhaka."
The complaint says the embassy fired Ahmed after accusing him of corruption.
The alleged threat comes three months after a Saudi Embassy official was killed by unidentified assailants in Dhaka.
Police say they are investigating that case but there has been no apparent headway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH