Bangladesh condemns Israeli `atrocities` in Gaza
Dhaka: Bangladesh has expressed deep shock at "Israeli atrocities" and violence in Gaza in recent days that has caused loss of lives of Palestinian civilians and posed renewed threat to regional peace and stability.
The ministry of foreign affairs said Dhaka strongly condemned the Israeli action and "calls for an immediate cessation of its atrocities on the civilian population in Gaza and to ensure a reversal to normality", Xinhua reported.
Bangladesh also urges the international community to put pressure on Israel to stop violence, it said.
The ministry statement said Bangladesh maintains its principled position on a comprehensive solution of the Palestinian question in accordance with the relevant UN resolutions, the Arab Peace Plan and the Road Map.
It said Bangladesh has always strongly supported the just cause of the Palestinian people and their legitimate and inalienable right to a free and sovereign Palestinian state.
The statement also said Bangladesh strongly believes that the occupation of Palestinian land must come to an end, and the Palestinian people must have their own independent state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
Bangladesh believes that the international community must strengthen their efforts, individually and collectively, to support the rights and aspirations of the Palestinian people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra