Bangladesh court approves blasphemy trial against bloggers
Dhaka: A court in Bangladesh`s capital Dhaka Sunday gave the go-ahead for the trial of four bloggers in two cases filed for posting "derogatory comments" about Islam and its holy prophet on the internet.
Judge Md Zahirul Haque of the court of metropolitan sessions took cognizance of the charges brought against the bloggers and fixed June 27 for starting the hearing on framing of charges against them, reported Xinhua.
In April this year, police arrested bloggers Asif Mohiuddin, Moshiur Rahman Biplob, Subrata Adhikari Shuvo and Russel Parvez on charges of hurting religious sentiments.
The court granted bail to Biplob but rejected Asif`s bail petition.
Asif and Biplob were arrested April 2 and 3 on the same charges. Shuvo and Parvez, arrested April 2, were given bail May 12.
Police in April submitted probe reports against the bloggers, accusing them of hurting religious sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam