Bangladesh court approves blasphemy trial against bloggers
Dhaka: A court in Bangladesh`s capital Dhaka Sunday gave the go-ahead for the trial of four bloggers in two cases filed for posting "derogatory comments" about Islam and its holy prophet on the internet.
Judge Md Zahirul Haque of the court of metropolitan sessions took cognizance of the charges brought against the bloggers and fixed June 27 for starting the hearing on framing of charges against them, reported Xinhua.
In April this year, police arrested bloggers Asif Mohiuddin, Moshiur Rahman Biplob, Subrata Adhikari Shuvo and Russel Parvez on charges of hurting religious sentiments.
The court granted bail to Biplob but rejected Asif`s bail petition.
Asif and Biplob were arrested April 2 and 3 on the same charges. Shuvo and Parvez, arrested April 2, were given bail May 12.
Police in April submitted probe reports against the bloggers, accusing them of hurting religious sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir