Bangladesh imposes ban on pharma company
Dhaka: Bangladesh on Thursday imposed a temporary
ban on a pharmaceutical company after 24 children, who
reportedly consumed paracetamol syrup produced by it, died of
renal failure in recent weeks.
"The company was also ordered to withdraw its products
from the market and publish an announcement in three daily
newspapers immediately in this regard," a Drug Administration
(DA) department official said.
His comments came as the DA officials yesterday sealed
off a medicine factory of Rid Pharmaceuticals in central
Brahmanbaria, a day after an official investigation was
launched into the deaths of two dozens children.
A Health Ministry spokesman said the seven-member
investigation committee, comprising officials, doctors and
drug specialists, started collecting samples of vitamin and
paracetamol suspension from different areas and if nothing
harmful was found in the products of the company, it would go
for production again.
"The committee has been asked to submit its report by the
next three working days," he said.
Mizanur Rahman, Managing Director of Rid Pharmaceuticals,
told The Daily Star that soon after getting the orders they
withdrew the paracetamol suspension and vitamin from the
market "though we did not use any harmful compound in our
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune