Bangladesh PM, President get hefty pay hikes
Dhaka: Bangladesh`s cabinet has approved
a pay hike of up to 83 per cent for President, the Prime
Minister and some other top officials.
The cabinet meeting presided by Prime Minister Sheikh
Hasina last night approved the proposal also suggesting the
increased remuneration for the Speaker, Chief Justice and
other Supreme Court judges, ministers and lawmakers.
The revised scales are in conformity with the recent
pay hike for government employees.
Under the revised scale, the President`s monthly
remuneration will now be increased to Taka 61,200 (INR 40,238)
from Taka 33,400 (RS 21,960), the Prime Minister`s to Taka
58,600 (INR 38,526) from Taka 32,000 (INR 21,041).
In addition to the salary hike, every Member of
Parliament will also get Taka 40,000 per month for maintenance
of his car along with other allowances and benefits.
"The Cabinet has approved the pay-hike in view of the
changed economic situation of the country and the recent
increase in the salaries of the public servants," Prime
Minister`s Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad told reporters.
The cabinet in November last year approved the Seventh
Pay Scale for some 1.2 million government employees with
effect from 1 July, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16