Bangladesh premier sacks top aide
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday sacked her top political aide without citing any reason.
"The Public Administration Ministry issued a notification cancelling the contract of Mahbubul Alam Hanif today," the ministry`s senior secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder told reporters without elaboration.
Hanif was Hasina`s special assistant on political affairs.
No reason was given for the cancellation of Hanif`s contract. But officials familiar with the development said Hanif was relieved upon Hasina`s desire.
Hanif is also the ruling Awami League`s joint general secretary and its official spokesman.
Hanif or party officials were not immediately available for comments.
Earlier, Hanif had dismissed media reports about him being asked to resign as "nothing but a mere rumour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!