Bangladesh premier sacks top aide
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday sacked her top political aide without citing any reason.
"The Public Administration Ministry issued a notification cancelling the contract of Mahbubul Alam Hanif today," the ministry`s senior secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder told reporters without elaboration.
Hanif was Hasina`s special assistant on political affairs.
No reason was given for the cancellation of Hanif`s contract. But officials familiar with the development said Hanif was relieved upon Hasina`s desire.
Hanif is also the ruling Awami League`s joint general secretary and its official spokesman.
Hanif or party officials were not immediately available for comments.
Earlier, Hanif had dismissed media reports about him being asked to resign as "nothing but a mere rumour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report