Bangladesh strike: 20 hurt in clashes
Dhaka: At least 20 people have been injured in clashes between police and activists near Bangladesh`s capital on the second day of a national strike called by opposition parties.
ATN Bangla TV station says clashes occurred in Narayanganj district after opposition supporters brought out a procession that was intercepted by police today.
Witnesses say about a dozen homemade bombs also have exploded in parts of the capital, Dhaka.
An alliance of 18 parties is enforcing the 36-hour strike demanding release of more than 160 opposition politicians arrested in the last two weeks.
A truck driver was killed and several other people were reported hurt in strike-related violence yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi