Bangladesh strike: 20 hurt in clashes
Dhaka: At least 20 people have been injured in clashes between police and activists near Bangladesh`s capital on the second day of a national strike called by opposition parties.
ATN Bangla TV station says clashes occurred in Narayanganj district after opposition supporters brought out a procession that was intercepted by police today.
Witnesses say about a dozen homemade bombs also have exploded in parts of the capital, Dhaka.
An alliance of 18 parties is enforcing the 36-hour strike demanding release of more than 160 opposition politicians arrested in the last two weeks.
A truck driver was killed and several other people were reported hurt in strike-related violence yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi