Bangladesh strike: 20 hurt in clashes
Dhaka: At least 20 people have been injured in clashes between police and activists near Bangladesh`s capital on the second day of a national strike called by opposition parties.
ATN Bangla TV station says clashes occurred in Narayanganj district after opposition supporters brought out a procession that was intercepted by police today.
Witnesses say about a dozen homemade bombs also have exploded in parts of the capital, Dhaka.
An alliance of 18 parties is enforcing the 36-hour strike demanding release of more than 160 opposition politicians arrested in the last two weeks.
A truck driver was killed and several other people were reported hurt in strike-related violence yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP