Bangladesh strike: 20 hurt in clashes
Dhaka: At least 20 people have been injured in clashes between police and activists near Bangladesh`s capital on the second day of a national strike called by opposition parties.
ATN Bangla TV station says clashes occurred in Narayanganj district after opposition supporters brought out a procession that was intercepted by police today.
Witnesses say about a dozen homemade bombs also have exploded in parts of the capital, Dhaka.
An alliance of 18 parties is enforcing the 36-hour strike demanding release of more than 160 opposition politicians arrested in the last two weeks.
A truck driver was killed and several other people were reported hurt in strike-related violence yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband