Bangladesh summons Indian envoy to protest girl`s killing
Dhaka: Bangladesh summoned Indian High
Commissioner here to lodge a protest against the "brutal"
killing of a 15-year old girl allegedly by BSF, ahead of a
crucial bilateral meeting of senior Home Ministry officials.
The foreign ministry today said it has lodged a strong
protest against the girl`s killing by summoning Indian High
Commissioner in Dhaka Rajeet Mitter yesterday.
BSF men reportedly shot Falani as she was trying to
return home from India, where she was working.
"The acting foreign secretary handed over a note
verbal protesting the brutal and senseless killing of a minor
girl on the Fulbari border in Kurigram on January 7," the
The statement said the envoy assured the foreign
office that he would convey Bangladesh`s concern to the Indian
authorities "as well as to take all necessary actions to
prevent recurrence of such inhuman acts of killing of
innocents on Bangladesh India border".
Hundreds of frontier villagers last week staged
protests at northwestern Kurigram frontier after the incident.
Police and reports said Falani was shot in her right
shoulder and died instantly as her clothes got entangled in
the barbed wire fencing on the borders.
Home Minister Sahara Khatun yesterday said that
Bangladesh would raise the killing of Felani in the
Secretary-level talks to be held here from Wednesday.
Handing over of ULFA leader Anup Chetia to India,
cooperation in anti-terror steps and firing along the
international border will be high on the agenda during the
Home Secretary level talks.
Indian delegation, led by Union Home Secretary Gopal K
Pillai, will engage in extensive deliberations with the
Bangladesh team, headed Home Secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder, on
all bilateral security issues during the two day dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17