Bangladesh summons Indian envoy to protest girl`s killing
Dhaka: Bangladesh summoned Indian High
Commissioner here to lodge a protest against the "brutal"
killing of a 15-year old girl allegedly by BSF, ahead of a
crucial bilateral meeting of senior Home Ministry officials.
The foreign ministry today said it has lodged a strong
protest against the girl`s killing by summoning Indian High
Commissioner in Dhaka Rajeet Mitter yesterday.
BSF men reportedly shot Falani as she was trying to
return home from India, where she was working.
"The acting foreign secretary handed over a note
verbal protesting the brutal and senseless killing of a minor
girl on the Fulbari border in Kurigram on January 7," the
The statement said the envoy assured the foreign
office that he would convey Bangladesh`s concern to the Indian
authorities "as well as to take all necessary actions to
prevent recurrence of such inhuman acts of killing of
innocents on Bangladesh India border".
Hundreds of frontier villagers last week staged
protests at northwestern Kurigram frontier after the incident.
Police and reports said Falani was shot in her right
shoulder and died instantly as her clothes got entangled in
the barbed wire fencing on the borders.
Home Minister Sahara Khatun yesterday said that
Bangladesh would raise the killing of Felani in the
Secretary-level talks to be held here from Wednesday.
Handing over of ULFA leader Anup Chetia to India,
cooperation in anti-terror steps and firing along the
international border will be high on the agenda during the
Home Secretary level talks.
Indian delegation, led by Union Home Secretary Gopal K
Pillai, will engage in extensive deliberations with the
Bangladesh team, headed Home Secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder, on
all bilateral security issues during the two day dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow