`Bangladeshi rape victim was whipped to death`
Dhaka: The teenager who died after she was raped and whipped 100 times following a fatwa by local clerics had suffered "heavy wounds" all over her body, said a fresh autopsy report submitted to the high court here.
Media and judicial activism has helped revive the case of the teenager who was "whipped to death", according to a Daily Star report.
The second medical report gives gruesome details.
The police on Wednesday arrested the alleged rapist, Mahbub Khan, who was on the run, from the outskirts of the national capital.
The teenager`s body bore "heavy wounds" all over, the high court said, quoting the fresh autopsy report submitted to it.
Taking suo motu notice of media reports quoting several people who witnessed the whipping incident, the bench of Justice AHM Shamsuddin Chowdhury Manik and Justice Sheikh Mohammed Zakir Hossain had ordered exhuming of victim`s body and a fresh autopsy.
The teenager`s death was homicidal in nature, the court said, quoting the post-mortem examination report of the Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
The court said there was "a vast difference" between the fresh autopsy report and the one made earlier by Shariatpur Sadar Hospital.
According to Shariatpur hospital`s report, there was no injury on the victim`s body.
The girl`s body was exhumed on Monday night for a fresh autopsy in compliance with the court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics