Bangladeshis protest against anti-Islam film
Dhaka: Thousands of people in Bangladesh on Friday staged demonstrations in protest against an anti-Islam film that has triggered anger among Muslims across the world, Xinhua reported.
After the Friday prayers, four Islamic organisations -- Islami Oikyo Jote, Islami Oikyo Andolon, Khelafat Andolon and Jamiote Talabaye Arabia -- brought out processions in Dhaka.
Angry protesters burned US flags and chanted anti-US slogans. They also demanded the arrest of the filmmaker.
Demonstrations were seen in many other cities and towns of the Muslim-majority South Asian country, local television channels reported.
However, no violence was reported in any of the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country