Bangladeshis protest against anti-Islam film
Dhaka: Thousands of people in Bangladesh on Friday staged demonstrations in protest against an anti-Islam film that has triggered anger among Muslims across the world, Xinhua reported.
After the Friday prayers, four Islamic organisations -- Islami Oikyo Jote, Islami Oikyo Andolon, Khelafat Andolon and Jamiote Talabaye Arabia -- brought out processions in Dhaka.
Angry protesters burned US flags and chanted anti-US slogans. They also demanded the arrest of the filmmaker.
Demonstrations were seen in many other cities and towns of the Muslim-majority South Asian country, local television channels reported.
However, no violence was reported in any of the protests.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'