Bangladeshis protest against anti-Islam film
Dhaka: Thousands of people in Bangladesh on Friday staged demonstrations in protest against an anti-Islam film that has triggered anger among Muslims across the world, Xinhua reported.
After the Friday prayers, four Islamic organisations -- Islami Oikyo Jote, Islami Oikyo Andolon, Khelafat Andolon and Jamiote Talabaye Arabia -- brought out processions in Dhaka.
Angry protesters burned US flags and chanted anti-US slogans. They also demanded the arrest of the filmmaker.
Demonstrations were seen in many other cities and towns of the Muslim-majority South Asian country, local television channels reported.
However, no violence was reported in any of the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Lifestyle and home remedies to deal with panic attacks!
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody
- Beijing dodges ASEAN rebuke over South China Sea row
- Afghan civilian casualties at record high in first half of 2016: UN
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning