Bangladeshis protest against anti-Islam film
Dhaka: Thousands of people in Bangladesh on Friday staged demonstrations in protest against an anti-Islam film that has triggered anger among Muslims across the world, Xinhua reported.
After the Friday prayers, four Islamic organisations -- Islami Oikyo Jote, Islami Oikyo Andolon, Khelafat Andolon and Jamiote Talabaye Arabia -- brought out processions in Dhaka.
Angry protesters burned US flags and chanted anti-US slogans. They also demanded the arrest of the filmmaker.
Demonstrations were seen in many other cities and towns of the Muslim-majority South Asian country, local television channels reported.
However, no violence was reported in any of the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’