Bangladeshis protest against anti-Islam film
Dhaka: Thousands of people in Bangladesh on Friday staged demonstrations in protest against an anti-Islam film that has triggered anger among Muslims across the world, Xinhua reported.
After the Friday prayers, four Islamic organisations -- Islami Oikyo Jote, Islami Oikyo Andolon, Khelafat Andolon and Jamiote Talabaye Arabia -- brought out processions in Dhaka.
Angry protesters burned US flags and chanted anti-US slogans. They also demanded the arrest of the filmmaker.
Demonstrations were seen in many other cities and towns of the Muslim-majority South Asian country, local television channels reported.
However, no violence was reported in any of the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender