Bangladesh`s ex-foreign secretary charged with arson
Dhaka: Former Bangladesh foreign secretary and a key aide of opposition leader Khaleda Zia`s BNP Shamsher Mobin Chowdhury has been charged with arson and assaulting police officials and jailed on police remand.
Chowdhury was arrested while taking part in Bangladesh Nationalist Party`s countrywide agitation during which the rallyist targeted government officials, vehicles and offices.
The former foreign secretary was arrested along with some party workers for attacking police personnel, but was granted bail by a court.
Mobin has now been charged with another case and Metropolitan Magistrate Tofail Ahmed has set July 04 for hearing his case.
Meanwhile, the BNP parliamentary party formed a human chain on the Parliament premises demanding immediate release of the leaders arrested during Sunday`s strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note