Bangladesh`s ex-foreign secretary charged with arson
Dhaka: Former Bangladesh foreign secretary and a key aide of opposition leader Khaleda Zia`s BNP Shamsher Mobin Chowdhury has been charged with arson and assaulting police officials and jailed on police remand.
Chowdhury was arrested while taking part in Bangladesh Nationalist Party`s countrywide agitation during which the rallyist targeted government officials, vehicles and offices.
The former foreign secretary was arrested along with some party workers for attacking police personnel, but was granted bail by a court.
Mobin has now been charged with another case and Metropolitan Magistrate Tofail Ahmed has set July 04 for hearing his case.
Meanwhile, the BNP parliamentary party formed a human chain on the Parliament premises demanding immediate release of the leaders arrested during Sunday`s strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'