Bangladesh`s ex-foreign secretary charged with arson
Dhaka: Former Bangladesh foreign secretary and a key aide of opposition leader Khaleda Zia`s BNP Shamsher Mobin Chowdhury has been charged with arson and assaulting police officials and jailed on police remand.
Chowdhury was arrested while taking part in Bangladesh Nationalist Party`s countrywide agitation during which the rallyist targeted government officials, vehicles and offices.
The former foreign secretary was arrested along with some party workers for attacking police personnel, but was granted bail by a court.
Mobin has now been charged with another case and Metropolitan Magistrate Tofail Ahmed has set July 04 for hearing his case.
Meanwhile, the BNP parliamentary party formed a human chain on the Parliament premises demanding immediate release of the leaders arrested during Sunday`s strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday