‘Banned’ JuD asks for Ramadan donations; Pak mum
Islamabad: Pakistani terror outfit Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has sent out messages on social networks like Twitter and Facebook asking Muslims to give donations during Ramadan, despite an international ban.
JuD, via its official Twitter account, appealed for donations for itself and also for Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation, an organisation of the terror group formed in the aftermath of the UNSC sanctions.
The group’s message on Twitter, which had a link to Facebook as well, asks people to donate zakat in any form either by cash, by donating an ambulance or by sponsoring medicines or meals for Sehr and Iftar, the Express Tribune reports.
According to the paper, JuD claims that since the organisation was not banned in Pakistan, it could collect funds.
“Everyone knows that when the UNSC placed sanctions on Jamaatud Dawa, we went to the court against the ban and the Lahore High Court had decreed in our favour, categorically saying that the JuD is not a banned organisation,” said Khalid Waleed, the chief coordinator of JuD’s political cell said.
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik categorically denied that any unregistered organisation was involved in such activities.
He had also vowed to take action against such organisations involved in collecting funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!