‘Banned outfits resurging across Pak`s Punjab’
Lahore: Banned terrorist outfits in
Pakistan are resurging under new names in Punjab province,
where some religious seminaries are also involved in imparting
"militant education" to their students, a media report said
"Following intelligence reports of resurging banned
militant outfits and indoctrination of students by religious
seminaries across the Punjab, the provincial government has
directed law enforcement chiefs to monitor the situation
closely," the Express Tribune daily said.
Intelligence reports revealed that proscribed
organisations have resurfaced, especially in southern Punjab.
After receiving these reports, the Punjab government
sent a circular to police and other law enforcement agencies
across the province, directing them to gather details of
seminaries involved in "imparting militant education to their
pupils", the report said.
They have also been directed to strictly monitor 30
religious seminaries across the province.
Of these 30, eight each are located in Lahore and
Bahawalpur, four each in Multan and Rahim Yar Khan, three in
Jhang, two in Sialkot and one in Lodhran.
Taking note of re-emergence of leaders and activists
of banned militant groups in the province, the authorities
directed law enforcement agencies to stringently monitor all
terror suspects mentioned in the fourth schedule of the
The authorities have also directed law enforcement
agencies to propose suggestions for banning new organisations
whose activists have been involved in suspicious activities.
Despite being banned earlier, these organisations
continue to flourish under new names, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing