B’day party, conjugal rights for terror boss Lakhvi in jail
New Delhi: Terror mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, who played a central role in the 26/11 terror attack plot, is leading a lavish lifestyle inside Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail, reports claimed on Friday.
As per a newspaper, Lakhvi has all the freedom he wants, even though he is official under custody for his role in the Mumbai terror attacks. Apart from the Lashkar-e-Toiba commander, six other Pakistani suspects charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks.
All seven have been charged with planning, financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people in November 2008.
Lakhvi’s cell is akin to a well appointed hotel suite with all luxurious facilities. Besides freely making calls to manage ‘work’, he meets a steady stream of visitors, most of them terror commanders, who meet him to seek orders and advice.
His friends and family also frequently visit him with reports suggesting that Lakhvi had fathered a child during his incarceration in 2010 after prison authorities allowed his wife to visit him to perform conjugal rights.
In fact, to keep him in good humour, jailors and prison staff even arranged a birthday celebration for their most-coveted prisoner sometime last year.
Lakhvi was arrested as Pakistan was under pressure from the Western nations even as his boss Hafiz Saeed moves around freely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?