B’day party, conjugal rights for terror boss Lakhvi in jail
New Delhi: Terror mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, who played a central role in the 26/11 terror attack plot, is leading a lavish lifestyle inside Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail, reports claimed on Friday.
As per a newspaper, Lakhvi has all the freedom he wants, even though he is official under custody for his role in the Mumbai terror attacks. Apart from the Lashkar-e-Toiba commander, six other Pakistani suspects charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks.
All seven have been charged with planning, financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people in November 2008.
Lakhvi’s cell is akin to a well appointed hotel suite with all luxurious facilities. Besides freely making calls to manage ‘work’, he meets a steady stream of visitors, most of them terror commanders, who meet him to seek orders and advice.
His friends and family also frequently visit him with reports suggesting that Lakhvi had fathered a child during his incarceration in 2010 after prison authorities allowed his wife to visit him to perform conjugal rights.
In fact, to keep him in good humour, jailors and prison staff even arranged a birthday celebration for their most-coveted prisoner sometime last year.
Lakhvi was arrested as Pakistan was under pressure from the Western nations even as his boss Hafiz Saeed moves around freely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?