B`desh: Dog breastfeeds baby monkey to health
Dhaka: A dog in remote northeastern Bangladesh has become a minor celebrity by breastfeeding a baby monkey back to health after it was rescued from angry
villagers, the dog`s owner said on Wednesday.
Scores of people have flocked to Shipar Reza`s house in Bishwanathpur village to witness the unusual addition to the litter of his dog Mintu, who is also mother to seven puppies.
The baby monkey was just a few days old when villagers seized it from a troop of monkeys that had damaged a paddy rice field, said Reza, a British-Bangladeshi.
"The next day, the baby monkey joined the other puppies and began suckling with Mintu. Since then Mintu has adopted the abandoned monkey as her own baby. It now sleeps with Mintu and other puppies," he said.
"Mintu barks and reacts angrily if anyone disturbs the baby monkey, which travels around the village by riding on Mintu`s back. It`s now a month since I found the monkey, but she shows no sign of going back to the wild," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days