B`desh: Dog breastfeeds baby monkey to health
Dhaka: A dog in remote northeastern Bangladesh has become a minor celebrity by breastfeeding a baby monkey back to health after it was rescued from angry
villagers, the dog`s owner said on Wednesday.
Scores of people have flocked to Shipar Reza`s house in Bishwanathpur village to witness the unusual addition to the litter of his dog Mintu, who is also mother to seven puppies.
The baby monkey was just a few days old when villagers seized it from a troop of monkeys that had damaged a paddy rice field, said Reza, a British-Bangladeshi.
"The next day, the baby monkey joined the other puppies and began suckling with Mintu. Since then Mintu has adopted the abandoned monkey as her own baby. It now sleeps with Mintu and other puppies," he said.
"Mintu barks and reacts angrily if anyone disturbs the baby monkey, which travels around the village by riding on Mintu`s back. It`s now a month since I found the monkey, but she shows no sign of going back to the wild," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!