B`desh: Dog breastfeeds baby monkey to health
Dhaka: A dog in remote northeastern Bangladesh has become a minor celebrity by breastfeeding a baby monkey back to health after it was rescued from angry
villagers, the dog`s owner said on Wednesday.
Scores of people have flocked to Shipar Reza`s house in Bishwanathpur village to witness the unusual addition to the litter of his dog Mintu, who is also mother to seven puppies.
The baby monkey was just a few days old when villagers seized it from a troop of monkeys that had damaged a paddy rice field, said Reza, a British-Bangladeshi.
"The next day, the baby monkey joined the other puppies and began suckling with Mintu. Since then Mintu has adopted the abandoned monkey as her own baby. It now sleeps with Mintu and other puppies," he said.
"Mintu barks and reacts angrily if anyone disturbs the baby monkey, which travels around the village by riding on Mintu`s back. It`s now a month since I found the monkey, but she shows no sign of going back to the wild," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions