B`desh former president Ershad hospitalised
Dhaka: Bangladesh`s former president H M
Ershad has been admitted to a hospital after his
Ershad, chairman of the Jatiya Party which is key ally
of ruling Awami League, was kept under the Intensive Care Unit
(ICU) and his condition was stable yesterday, the doctors at
the United Hospital said.
ICU consultant Dr Mohammad Maniruzzaman told
journalists that Ershad had Hypo Volumic Shock due to a sudden
loss of huge blood perhaps from colon.
He overcame the shock after resuscitation and his
blood pressure was normal. He was talking and fed normally,
said the doctor.
After keeping him under direct observation today we
might release him tomorrow, the doctor added.
Ershad, a former army general, assumed power through a
bloodless military coup in Bangladesh in 1982.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details