B`desh former president Ershad hospitalised
Dhaka: Bangladesh`s former president H M
Ershad has been admitted to a hospital after his
Ershad, chairman of the Jatiya Party which is key ally
of ruling Awami League, was kept under the Intensive Care Unit
(ICU) and his condition was stable yesterday, the doctors at
the United Hospital said.
ICU consultant Dr Mohammad Maniruzzaman told
journalists that Ershad had Hypo Volumic Shock due to a sudden
loss of huge blood perhaps from colon.
He overcame the shock after resuscitation and his
blood pressure was normal. He was talking and fed normally,
said the doctor.
After keeping him under direct observation today we
might release him tomorrow, the doctor added.
Ershad, a former army general, assumed power through a
bloodless military coup in Bangladesh in 1982.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah