B’desh PM Hasina alleges `slow poisoning` in sub-jail
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh
Hasina has alleged that there were attempts on her life by mixing poison with her food when she was under detention in a sub-jail during the state of emergency.
The "slow poisoning" caused a serious problem to my
eyes, Hasina told Parliament yesterday.
"I was held in a dirty house and given shabby mattress
and bed. But Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chief Khaleda
Zia was kept in the speaker`s residence. Khaleda was allowed
to keep a domestic help and her food was brought from outside
and cloths washed at laundry," she said.
The Prime Minister was making the concluding speech
on the thanksgiving motion on the President`s address.
Hasina`s arch-rival Leader of the Opposition Khaleda
Zia did not take part in the discussion on the thanksgiving
motion. However, the BNP-led opposition lawmakers were present
in the House when the premier delivered her speech.
She accused the BNP-Jamaat alliance of hatching a
conspiracy to increase prices of essentials "using the money
they looted while in power".
The Prime Minister claimed the BNP-Jamaat alliance has
decided not to allow the government run the country smoothly.
"BNP-Jamaat alliance is spending their looted money to
increase the prices of essentials. Thousands of crore of taka
are now in their hands and it does not matter to them if they
spend Tk 1,000 crore for this purpose," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority