B`deshi boat capsizes, 8 killed, 7 missing
Dhaka: Eight people were killed and seven
others missing when an engine boat capsized overnight in
Meghna river in Bangladesh`s central Narsingdi district,
officials said on Saturday.
"The eight people drowned and seven others remained
missing when a storm hit last night" in Narsingdi district, an
unnamed police official said.
The boat was reportedly carrying some 25 passengers,
including three of a family, when it capsized at Srinagar
area, he said when reached by phone.
Villagers at the nearby areas recovered the bodies
early this morning. Fire service divers and police boats also
joined in the rescue efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics