B`deshi boat capsizes, 8 killed, 7 missing
Dhaka: Eight people were killed and seven
others missing when an engine boat capsized overnight in
Meghna river in Bangladesh`s central Narsingdi district,
officials said on Saturday.
"The eight people drowned and seven others remained
missing when a storm hit last night" in Narsingdi district, an
unnamed police official said.
The boat was reportedly carrying some 25 passengers,
including three of a family, when it capsized at Srinagar
area, he said when reached by phone.
Villagers at the nearby areas recovered the bodies
early this morning. Fire service divers and police boats also
joined in the rescue efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed