Benazir Bhutto`s 6th death anniversary to be observed today
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Islamabad: The sixth death anniversary of the Pakistan`s former prime minister Benazir Bhutto would be commemorated on Friday across Pakistan.
Arrangements to commemorate the slain leader of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) have been finalised. While security has been beefed up in and around Garhi Khuda Bux and Naudero, a huge stage has also been prepared in the premises of the mausoleum. Moreover, free medical camps have been established where people can donate blood and a documentary on the life of Bhutto will also be shown.
The Sindh government has announced public holiday on the day. Former president Asif Ali Zardari, PPP Patron-in-chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari, Aseefa Bhutto Zardari along with others will offer floral wreaths on the graves of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, Nusrat Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto.
A large number of PPP workers would visit the memorial site to pay homage to their former leader.
Benazir had died when shots were fired at her after a political rally at Liaquat National Bagh on December 27, 2007, and a suicide bomb was detonated immediately following the shooting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!