`Bhattarai govt has no right to remain in power`
Kathmandu: Opposition Nepali Congress on Friday stepped up its attack on the caretaker government led by Baburam Bhattarai, demanding it to step down for "failing" to fulfil the commitments on drafting the constitution and conducting fresh elections.
The caretaker government should quit power on political, constitutional and moral basis, as it has failed to draft the constitution, promulgate the constitution and conduct fresh election as per its earlier commitment, Nepali Congress general secretary Prakash Man Singh said at a function here.
The Maoist party is responsible for the ongoing political and constitutional deadlock in the country, he said.
Singh said that 15 opposition parties, including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML, are set to launch agitation from tomorrow with the aim to topple the caretaker government.
The Maoist party itself is hindering the process of drafting the constitution and is not sincere in its commitment to conduct fresh election, he said.
Singh also demanded the formation of a consensus government by replacing the Bhattarai led government to conduct fresh polls in a free and fair manner so as to rescue the country from the ongoing political crisis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know